[Development] How do you build dev/qt6?

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Sat Jan 25 17:02:21 CET 2020

On 25/01/20 15:26, Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) wrote:
> Building HEAD for qtbase, qtdeclarative and qtremoteobjects is failing to compile.
>
> At this point in time, I’m getting an error in building qtdeclarative:
>
> /code/qt6/qtdeclarative/src/quick/scenegraph/util/qsgplaintexture.cpp:50:11:
> fatal error: 'QtGui/private/qopengltextureuploader_p.h' file not found
>
> # include <QtGui/private/qopengltextureuploader_p.h>
>
> ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> /code/qt6/qtdeclarative/src/quick/scenegraph/util/qsgplaintexture.cpp:50:11:
> note: did not find header 'private/qopengltextureuploader_p.h' in framework
> 'QtGui' (loaded from '/code/qt6/qt/lib')
>
> This looks to be related to https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-74409, but it
> isn’t clear what branches or patches are needed to work around the issue.  And
> whatever the fixes are today, they will likely be different tomorrow.
>
> I’m not complaining, I understand the complexity of building dependent modules
> against each other, especially binary compatibility is relaxed.  I’m just not
> sure how to make a change to QtRO and make sure it works with current dev of
> qtbase. Is this documented somewhere I missed?

Hi,

There is a file `dependencies.yaml` in the root of the qtdeclarative which
tells which sha1 of qtbase is working (as this is the sha1 tested by the CI)

In order to update the dependencies, one must make a commit that updates the
dependencies.yaml and that fixes the code so it compile with the actual revision.

--
Olivier