[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Simon Hausmann Simon.Hausmann at qt.io
Mon Jan 27 17:25:06 CET 2020

Am 27.01.20 um 17:13 schrieb Bogdan Vatra via Development:
> Hi Lars,
>
> În ziua de luni, 27 ianuarie 2020, la 16:34:44 EET, Lars Knoll a scris:
>> Hi all,
> [...]
>> One is a change in policy regarding the LTS releases, where the LTS part of
>> a release is in the future going to be restricted to commercial customers.
>> All bug fixes will (as agreed on the Qt Contributor Summit) go into dev
>> first.
>    I was at the Qt Contributor Summit, and I can swear that I not heard
> anything about LTS being restricted to commercial customers...

Right, at the Qt Contributor Summit LTS being restricted to commercial
customers was not discussed. That was also not the claim. The full
sentence (as quoted above) is:

     "All bug fixes will (as agreed on the Qt Contributor Summit) go
into dev first."

The development model where changes go to dev first was indeed a topic
of discussion at the Qt Contributor Summit.

This also means that all security fixes will see the light of day on the
dev branch first, in public, in Gerrit.

Simon