[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Mon Jan 27 17:52:20 CET 2020

27.01.2020, 17:36, "Lars Knoll" <lars.knoll at qt.io>:
> The second change is that a Qt Account will be in the future required for binary packages. Source code will continue to be available as currently. This will simplify distribution and integration with the Marketplace. In addition, we want open source users to contribute to Qt or the Qt ecosystem. Doing so is only possible with a valid Qt Account (Jira, code review and the forums all require a Qt Account).

Will it be possible to download binaries bypassing QtIFW installer while having appropriate credentials? Right now, both online and offline installers are very inefficient to use in free CI systems like Travis CI, and many people including me are using scripts which download and unpack minimal set of 7z packages directly.

--
Regards,
Konstantin