[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at qt.io
Mon Jan 27 19:08:12 CET 2020

Hi,

In the FAQ PDF<https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/149513/_Website_Blog/Qt%20offering%20change%20FAQ-2020-01-27.pdf> we have the following:

What should users do that need to install Qt in a CI / scripted setup?

The non-LTS part of the releases is available in the Qt repositories for everyone just like currently. For

commercial license holders, the access is granted for the LTS part using their Qt Account.

I hope that one can still download and unpack the minimal set of 7z packages directly. I used this

functionality to describe how one can use GitHub actions to build Qt Creator plugins against official

Qt binaries at: https://www.qt.io/blog/building-qt-creator-plugins-with-github-actions

The online installer requires GUI access, even from command line, and the GitHub Actions runners do not offer it.

Cheers,

Cristian.