[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 19:39:44 CET 2020

Den mån 27 jan. 2020 kl 19:30 skrev Tuukka Turunen <tuukka.turunen at qt.io>:

> Hi,
>
> I do not know why the link does not work. But I remember that post very well.
>
> On hindsight, it was too much of a rush back then to ask everyone to create a Qt account immediately.
>
> As I wrote in my earlier reply, situation is different now:
>
> Most users have already Qt account

So? I have an account because I want to contribute. Does not mean I
want to log in to download (especially not from CI).

> Marketplace needs it

This is not a non-reason. It is based on the assumption that everyone
wants to use the Marketplace, which I very much doubt is the case.

> More common to be connected

Now I guess you're talking about the artificial pulling of offline
installers, and not the Qt Account requirement. In any case, just
because I have a connection does not mean I want to use it, nor
provide a login to download. I may want to download the offline
installer and use it X times.

> If someone does not want to use Qt account, it is possible to build from source.

No comment.

Elvis