[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jan 27 22:50:43 CET 2020

On segunda-feira, 27 de janeiro de 2020 10:39:44 PST Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> So? I have an account because I want to contribute. Does not mean I
> want to log in to download (especially not from CI).

The CI aspect is actually pretty relevant. Aside from Appveyor, most other CI
systems with Windows support (like GitHub Actions) do not have Qt pre-
installed. What people do to test on Windows is to use recipes that download
the pre-compiled binaries and unpack them.

What does the Qt Company suggest software developers do?

(I know there's Conan, vcpkg, etc. I want the Qt Company's official answer)