[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 17:55:07 CET 2020

On 28/01/2020 11.07, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> But it will discourage contributions, and encourage competition from
> other Qt consulting companies

At this point, I'm not sure that's a *bad* thing...

> (I've written more on that here:
> http://www.mardy.it/blog/2020/01/theqtcompany-and-a-silly-decision-waiting-to-be-reverted.html).

(...and quoting from that:)
> loud, ***predictable*** chorus of complaints

(Emphasis added.) And that is what scares me the most. Either TQtC
didn't see this coming, which must call into question the competence of
whoever made the decision, or they *didn't care*.

I'm not sure which is worse.

> If you wanted more paying customers you should have tried with the
> carrot, not with the stick

Yup.

--
Matthew
(Opinions expressed in this message are my own, and do not reflect those