[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Wed Jan 29 12:19:03 CET 2020

Hi,

Il 29/01/20 11:02, Edward Welbourne ha scritto:
> They'll be cherry-picked
> from there to a (presumably) private branch (maybe on a private repo),
> so you won't necessarily see the cherry-picked versions, only the dev
> versions.  So any time the cherry-pick requires adaptation to the LTS,
> those running the fork above would need to duplicate the adaptation.

Thanks for the further clarifications. There's still plenty of
uncertainty in the above message, though (presumably, maybe,
necessarily), when are we going to know more about these details?
Ultimately, it boils down to: will the 5.15 branch become private or not?

On a similar issue: will the owners of a commercial license be given
access to the branch? (Will it become TQC private, or TQC+commercial
private?). The point being, will the commercial licensees know exactly
which patches (already landed on dev) have been cherry picked and when
(which release contains a given patch)?

Cheers,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts