[Development] Issues with latest Qt6 snapshot on Windows

Sandro Andrade sandroandrade at kde.org
Fri Jul 24 05:59:30 CEST 2020

Hi there,

I'm trying the latest Qt6 snapshot provided by the official installer
on Windows 10 with MSVC 2019.

I've noticed that QMake builds work fine only in Release mode.
Building in Debug mode generates a:

qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.cpp.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'WinMain.pdb'
was not found with 'qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.cpp.obj)' or at
'C:\Users\Sandro S.
Andrade\Documents\build-teste3-Desktop_Qt_6_0_0_MSVC2019_64bit-Debug\debug\WinMain.pdb';
linking object as if no debug info
qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.cpp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol __imp_CommandLineToArgvW referenced in function WinMain

Does such snapshot support only Release builds or am I missing
something in my setup?

Also, CMake builds with many errors like:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:44 (target_link_libraries):
  Error evaluating generator expression:
$<TARGET_PROPERTY:Vulkan::Vulkan,INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES>
  Target "Vulkan::Vulkan" not found.

Do I need to install Angle, Direct3D, or Vulkan to fix this or is
CMake support with Qt6 on Windows not ready yet?

Thanks in advance,
--
Sandro