[Development] Issues with latest Qt6 snapshot on Windows

Alexandru Croitor alexandru.croitor at qt.io
Fri Jul 24 11:58:46 CEST 2020

> On 24. Jul 2020, at 05:59, Sandro Andrade <sandroandrade at kde.org> wrote:
>
> Hi there,

Hi!

> I'm trying the latest Qt6 snapshot provided by the official installer
> on Windows 10 with MSVC 2019.

Thanks for providing feedback!

> I've noticed that QMake builds work fine only in Release mode.
> Building in Debug mode generates a:
>
> qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.cpp.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'WinMain.pdb'
> was not found with 'qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.cpp.obj)' or at
> 'C:\Users\Sandro S.
> Andrade\Documents\build-teste3-Desktop_Qt_6_0_0_MSVC2019_64bit-Debug\debug\WinMain.pdb';
> linking object as if no debug info
> qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.cpp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
> symbol __imp_CommandLineToArgvW referenced in function WinMain
>
> Does such snapshot support only Release builds or am I missing
> something in my setup?

The snapshot should have supported Debug builds as well. It's a bug that it doesn't.
I can reproduce the issue.

> Also, CMake builds with many errors like:
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:44 (target_link_libraries):
>  Error evaluating generator expression:
> $<TARGET_PROPERTY:Vulkan::Vulkan,INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES>
>  Target "Vulkan::Vulkan" not found.

I can reproduce this particular issue also.

> Do I need to install Angle, Direct3D, or Vulkan to fix this or is
> CMake support with Qt6 on Windows not ready yet?

I'm not sure yet if installing Vulkan will help, but you can try.

The snapshot is just a development snapshot, so it's expected to find issues.

Many issues were already fixed since the snapshot was released, but these apparently haven't been.

You can track the issues at https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-85240