[Development] First Qt6.0.0 Snaphot available

Albert Astals Cid albert.astals.cid at kdab.com
Mon Jun 15 18:01:13 CEST 2020

El dilluns, 15 de juny de 2020, a les 14:06:00 CEST, Jani Heikkinen va
escriure:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> We have published first Qt6.0.0 snapshot today, see more info from Tuukka's
> blog post: https://www.qt.io/blog/first-qt-6.0-snapshot-available
>
> Qt 6.0.0 snapshot can be found from 'Preview' category in Qt online
> installer/Maintenance tool. This snapshot is based on quite old content but
> we are planning to do silent updates occasionally so please also check
> updates now and then.

The Linux packages are "incomplete"
  libQt6Core.so.6.0.0 is linked against libdouble-conversion.so.1
  libQt6Gui.so.6.0.0 is linked against libpng15.so.15
but neither of them are shipped

So unless you're using the old RedHat that the binary packages have been built
against, the binary packages are not very useful.

You already ship libicu* so i guess you have a way of shipping non Qt libs
that are actually needed for the binary package to be actually binary/
standalone.

Cheers,
  Albert

> br,
> Jani Heikkinen
> Release Manager

Albert Astals Cid | albert.astals.cid at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts