[Development] First Qt6.0.0 Snaphot available

Alexandru Croitor alexandru.croitor at qt.io
Mon Jun 15 18:37:31 CEST 2020

> On 15. Jun 2020, at 18:01, Albert Astals Cid via Development <development at qt-project.org> wrote:
>
> El dilluns, 15 de juny de 2020, a les 14:06:00 CEST, Jani Heikkinen va
> escriure:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> We have published first Qt6.0.0 snapshot today, see more info from Tuukka's
>> blog post: https://www.qt.io/blog/first-qt-6.0-snapshot-available
>>
>> Qt 6.0.0 snapshot can be found from 'Preview' category in Qt online
>> installer/Maintenance tool. This snapshot is based on quite old content but
>> we are planning to do silent updates occasionally so please also check
>> updates now and then.
>
> The Linux packages are "incomplete"
>  libQt6Core.so.6.0.0 is linked against libdouble-conversion.so.1
>  libQt6Gui.so.6.0.0 is linked against libpng15.so.15
> but neither of them are shipped
>
> So unless you're using the old RedHat that the binary packages have been built
> against, the binary packages are not very useful.
>
> You already ship libicu* so i guess you have a way of shipping non Qt libs
> that are actually needed for the binary package to be actually binary/
> standalone.

Hi Albert,

Thanks for the feedback. Usually Qt forces usage of the bundled 3rd party libs
via -qt-libpng flags, etc

These snapshots were the first snapshots made with the CMake built Qt, and thus some of those options were missing.
I've pushed a change to address that.
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qt5/+/304445