[Development] Windows 7 support will be dropped in Qt 6

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Tue Jun 16 02:10:45 CEST 2020

Sounds like y’all have a wonderful new business opportunity ahead of yourselves: charge your new-leaf-app-on-old-OS customers handsomely for the extra effort. After all, you do have to keep your Windows 7 test rigs around (and secured); perhaps even pay some extra retainers to those developers on your team that know about those Windows 7 quirks. That can’t be cheap in terms of net and esp opportunity cost!

Share some of the remaining profit with my employer to get access to the commercial-only 5.15 LTS releases.

Cheers,
Volker