[Development] Windows 7 support will be dropped in Qt 6

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Tue Jun 16 22:47:14 CEST 2020

> Oddly enough, continued support for the Free Software ecosystem around
> Qt is one of the things most of us who work here care about deeply, so

I have no doubts that Qt engineers do. I can see this in in every code reciew and I appreciate it very much!

> Our management, in any case, knows full well that the Free Software side
> of the Qt ecosystem is vital to the continued viability of this company
> and any business model it can realistically hope to make a living off.

I doubt it. The recent decisions made by your management point into a different direction. Public communication by your top level management says something else or would you call this post https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-and-open-source "communication"?

I doubt that your top level management has a sustainable strategy to nurture and expand the OS community.