[Development] Stepping down as QtWebChannel maintainer

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Wed Jun 17 15:05:48 CEST 2020

Hello everyone!

I would like to step down as the QtWebChannel maintainer. I simply don't have
the time for that module, especially now that there's some more work required
for Qt 6. I'll stay around to answer questions and I'll happily do code
reviews. But I don't feel comfortable to keep my position without the time to
work on the outstanding bugs (there aren't too many afaik).

A big driving factor for me is also Integrity as a forced supported platform.
It is preventing me from merging a patch of mine [1] and I have simply zero
interest to investigate what the hell that stupid compiler doesn't like about
my code. The "good" platforms accept it after all.

That said: If anyone else (Arno? Kai? Frank?) wants to step up and fill my
role, I would be happy to get you up and running. And as I said, I'll stick
around for reviewing. That should hopefully make the next maintainers role a
bit less lonely ;-)

Cheers

[1]: https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtwebchannel/+/284741
--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH, a KDAB Group company