[Development] Nominating Daniel Smith as approver

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Mon Mar 2 17:40:31 CET 2020

Hi all,

I’d like to nominate Daniel Smith as approver for the Qt Project.

Daniel has been working with Qt since he joined the Qt Company as a full-time employee in the Oslo QA team two years ago.

He’s been focusing on the QA infrastructure, which includes the test rigs for the rendering tests, and enabling auto-testing on Android. More recently, Daniel has implemented a bunch of very useful tooling, such as the un-blacklisting tool, and the cherry-pick bot that will implement our new branch policy.

He’s a gerrit admin, and I trust that he will follow the Qt guidelines, and use the approver rights responsibly.

Here is a list of his changes:
  https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/owner:Daniel.Smith%2540qt.io

Disclaimer: I’m Daniel's manager in the Qt Company.

Best regards,
Volker