[Development] GitHub Pull requests

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Tue Mar 10 17:19:13 CET 2020

Hello Cristian,

On 3/10/20 3:40 PM, Cristian Adam wrote:
> What stops us from accepting the contributions via GitHub?
>
> Is it:
>
>  1. The CLA
>  2. Qt Account
>
> For the CLA one can simply add an instance of:
>
> https://github.com/cla-assistant/cla-assistant

I think that's a good idea,
in the past I was told that even a written consent accepting
the CLA was enough (please correct me if I'm wrong),
so if we can also include it on the Github
mirror, that will allow us to get more contributions.

The only thing I wonder is CI,
what do you think could be a good workflow?

1)
Pull request accepted, then Patch on Gerrit with the reviewer
as owner and a line crediting the author from Github,
so we can integrate it using COIN?

2) Pull request accepted, run a custom CI on Github
and then merge back into gerrit?

3) others?

Cheers

--