[Development] GitHub Pull requests

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Mar 15 03:22:31 CET 2020

On Saturday, 14 March 2020 09:11:39 EST Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> My feeling about the last item is quite opposite:
> * UI cuts long lines, when I wanted to check if specific compiler flag is
> actually in use, and of course it was beyond "..."
> * UI doesn't allow using built-in search of browser, and their search is
> really sluggish * Overall experience is quite sluggish, even in Chrome -
> looks like this thing wasn't meant to handle large logs efficiently.
> * When build finishes, and you need to check log of certain stage, UI forces
> you to scroll its content from very beginning, loading lines incrementally

That's not different from reading source in GitHub. On my 4K 27" monitor in
the office, the code occupies the central third of the screen, horizontally. I
always have to scroll sideways (and unlike Qt-based applications, Chrome does
not scroll horizontally when you hold Alt while using the mouse wheel). The
raw form is useful in those cases.

https://testresults.qt.io/coin/