[Development] Finishing the transition to the cherry-pick model

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon May 4 04:33:56 CEST 2020

On Friday, 17 April 2020 04:21:42 PDT Volker Hilsheimer wrote:
> 3) we will turn on the cherry-picking bot for all repositories
>
> Expect this to happen in early May, but probaly not at the same time for all
> repos. We will update the commit template to include a commented out
> “Pick-to” footer.

What's the timeline for the bot now?

I submitted 35 cleanup changes across multiple repositories to 5.15 and in
some of them the reviewers asked for retargetting to Dev and adding a Pick-To
header. Do I;

a) stage the changes that have already been approved, to 5.15 branch?

b) retarget them all to dev Pick-To headers and stage ASAP?

c) wait 3 weeks and do (b).