[Development] Volunteer wanted: update use of CUPS API

Albert Astals Cid albert.astals.cid at kdab.com
Mon May 4 09:08:54 CEST 2020

El diumenge, 3 de maig de 2020, a les 3:35:01 CEST, Thiago Macieira va
escriure:
> We have plenty of warnings when building the CUPS plugin to QtPrintSupport
> about deprecated methods. See attached.
>
> Any volunteers to go fix this?

This is https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-56545

As mentioned there a few years ago I don't think there is a CUPS way to do
stuff like "printer supports stapling" using non deprecated functions.

I'd like to be proven wrong though :)

Cheers,
  Albert

P.S: Someone should really really remove John Layt as printinting mantainer
stuff, i don't think he's been around for years.

--
Albert Astals Cid | albert.astals.cid at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)