[Development] Untangling our platform plugins

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Fri May 15 13:02:02 CEST 2020

On Fri, 15 May 2020 at 13:45, Lars Knoll <lars.knoll at qt.io> wrote:

> Thanks for writing this up Tor Arne. +1 for the general plan from my side.

+1 good plan. I have recently been scratching my head about where
platform-specific qtbase utilities should
go, like facilities to convert Qt containers into Java Arrays for
Android JNI usage, and extras didn't seem like a good place
because a qtbase plugin would need to use it, and some extras bits
might also want to use it, and so on. Just putting
it next to our cross-platform code as a platform-specific
extension/addendum/extra would make this much more straightforward.