[Development] Finishing the transition to the cherry-pick model

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Mon May 18 13:29:45 CEST 2020

> On 15 May 2020, at 13:58, Volker Hilsheimer <volker.hilsheimer at qt.io> wrote:
> The cherry-pick bot that processes Pick-to footers in commits will be turned on in the remaining module repositories [1] on Monday.
>
> Changes in dev that have the Pick-to: footer already today will be cherry-picked and pushed into the respective branches by your’s truly early next week; some of those will have conflicts, you will be notified if you authored the original change. Those that don’t have conflicts will be approved and staged; if they break in CI, you will also be notified.

Hi,

Cherry-pick bot is now turned on in all repositories. Thanks Daniel!

I’ve generated cherry-pick commits for all changes in dev that have the Pick-to: footer, and I’m in the process of pushing those to gerrit with topic “pre-cherry-pick-bot”.

https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/topic:pre-cherry-pick-bot

Changes that were already on gerrit, but had been abandoned or are deferred, are taken out of the pushed chain of commits.

The output attached lists the result for each commit that was picked. Commits for which the script generated a warning or error (look for yellow or red lines in the attachment) might need attention. I’ll +2 and stage cherry-picks that didn’t cause problems once I’m done, but I’m not going to be upset with anyone that does it either.

Should there be any commits missing, please go ahead and cherry-pick those manually, or using the gerrit UI. wiki.qt.io is updated with instructions:

https://wiki.qt.io/Branch_Guidelines

Cheers,
Volker