[Development] Qt Multimedia as Add-on in Qt 6

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri May 22 19:43:54 CEST 2020

How about I just pay - which my company already does? The lagging mobile support has us considering moving away from Qt. I think this decision would confirm our direction and only hasten our departure from the Qt ecosystem.

I guess to some degree it depends on how you define "essential". Clearly multimedia *is* essential but not needed on RTOS. And given the myriad of custom hardware in the RTOS space, I think a more appropriate answer would be to have a default stub implementation for those platforms rather to separate out multimedia.