[Development] Qt Multimedia as Add-on in Qt 6

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Fri May 22 22:20:37 CEST 2020

On Fri, 22 May 2020 at 20:43, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:

> How about I just pay - which my company already does? The lagging mobile support has us considering moving away from Qt. I think this decision would confirm our direction and only hasten our departure from the Qt ecosystem.

Please tell me where your multimedia(1) (or general mobile(2)) bug
reports are, I get pizza for fixing them on a bug-fixing week. :)

Jokes aside, I don't know who pays for what, but there are technical
ways to convince at least tech management
that multimedia as a built-in component is an.. ..essential thing to
have. Whether that convinces the biz management,
I don't know, that's not my cup of tea. I might make the bold
assessment that we're not entirely aware of how many
users rely on QTMM and for what, and I might make a bold prediction
that having a better handle on that might lead to
beneficial for those to whom it is an important piece of functionality.

(1) I can ask Val nicely to fix them.
(2) I can ask Assam and Tor Arne and others to fix these, or I can fix
them myself. These don't even require a bug-fixing week
to have attention given to them.