[Development] Drop MSVC 2015 in Qt 5.15?

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Mon May 25 11:24:46 CEST 2020

On 5/25/20 8:51 AM, Tony Sarajärvi wrote:
> Or are you having new features coming in 5.15.1+ that would require additional coding to make it MSVC 2015 compatible?

I strongly hope that there are *no* new features in patch releases. The
question is mostly whether you want to support MSVC 2015 in the next
three years, or drop it in the middle of 5.15's lifetime.

The direct impact is on the ability of cherry picking patches developed
against Qt 6.

My 2 c,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts