[Development] Drop MSVC 2015 in Qt 5.15?

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Mon May 25 15:52:27 CEST 2020

On Sat, 23 May 2020 at 04:01, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>>> My opinion is clear. +1

Ville Voutilainen (lauantai 23. toukokuuta 2020 22.00) added
>> Kill it with fire. +1

Jani Heikkinen (25 May 2020 08:19)
> MSVC2015 prebuild binaries will be in Qt 5.15.0 (and has been there
> since Alpha release). So from that point of view if think we shouldn't
> drop it anymore from 5.15 series.

I don't think the pre-release builds need to be decisive for this; as
long as we drop it from the actual final release, we've merely shown
that anyone who wants can indeed use that compiler with 5.15.0; we've
not committed to retaining support for it through the 5.15 series.

	Eddy.