[Development] What's Q_PRIMITIVE_TYPE for?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Nov 13 18:49:06 CET 2020

On Friday, 13 November 2020 00:19:41 PST Lars Knoll wrote:
> I would hope that we’ll get mechanism to move them and help from the
> compiler  and/or C++ standard here. This is especially needed for
> relocatable objects, as that makes a huge performance difference, but make
> a big difference for primitive types as well.

For relocating, I'm sure the language will provide a solution and compilers
will likely give us a grace period to adjust. I don't think there are many
people (I don't know any) that oppose the idea of relocating objects, even if
they oppose the actual solution chosen to do that (like a core language
extension to provide a destructive move constructor or a moving destructor).

Actual C++ primitive types won't be affected because they are trivial. My
point again is that we are doing that for non-trivial types.