[Development] QThread::create mandatory in Qt 6?

Sérgio Martins sergio.martins at kdab.com
Mon Nov 16 23:29:36 CET 2020

On 2020-11-16 21:57, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Monday, 16 November 2020 13:38:06 PST Cristian Adam wrote:
>> LLVM.org clang.exe binary reports the x86_64-pc-windows-msvc target,
>> which
>> is Clang/MSVC. clang-cl is just a different command line options
>> parser,
>> which always sets the *-msvc target.
>>
>> Clang/MinGW is something that ends up in *-gnu as target. That's the
>> case
>> for winlibs and llvm-mingw.
>
> I see, thanks.
>
> So, what's wrong with llvm-mingw?

Probably the prebuilt toolchain Tony is using (WinLibs) has an old
standard library.
The problem is not specific to Clang perse.

But why do we want clang-MinGW to begin with ? MinGW is niche as it is.
I don't see anyone wanting this combo.

clang-MSVC on the other hand is useful as it means a better compiler
frontend (clang) using a better standard library on Windows (msvc).

Friedmann also mentions "We want clang.cl only (as discussed many times
already)." (QTQAINFRA-2139)

Regards,
--
Sérgio Martins | sergio.martins at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)