[Development] QThread::create mandatory in Qt 6?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Nov 17 00:35:29 CET 2020

On Monday, 16 November 2020 14:29:36 PST Sérgio Martins via Development wrote:
> > So, what's wrong with llvm-mingw?

I'd understood that llvm-mingw and llvm + winlibs were two separate builds. So
what's wrong with the former?

> Probably the prebuilt toolchain Tony is using (WinLibs) has an old
> standard library.
> The problem is not specific to Clang perse.

That's what I understand too now. Looks like that Winlibs is a complete no-go
then.

> But why do we want clang-MinGW to begin with ? MinGW is niche as it is.
> I don't see anyone wanting this combo.

MinGW is hardly niche (are you confusing it with MSYS/Cygwin?). Whether it's
compiled with GCC or Clang shouldn't be an issue.

> clang-MSVC on the other hand is useful as it means a better compiler
> frontend (clang) using a better standard library on Windows (msvc).

Most importantly, it also has a modern C99-capable runtime and it supports
thread_local.