[Development] How to perform unattended installations of Qt? (Was: Changes to Qt offering)

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Sun Oct 4 00:34:21 CEST 2020

04.10.2020, 01:03, "Croitor Alexandru" <placinta at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 11:07 PM Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:
>> For comparison, using simple python script from [1] (which was mentioned on the list a few times before)
>
> Hmm, maybe my search-foo is weak, but searching for 'qt-downloader' in my mail client only shows this
> mail thread as the single result. I've seen references to other tools though, like the script from
> the qbs repo, Cristian's and Volker's scripts, and some other variations.

Seems like you are right, it was not in the list but in the long-running https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTIFW-166
It was install-qt.sh from qbs repo which was mentioned a couple of times (which also works well but ).

BTW, I've recently discovered another script [1]  which seems to be quite popular. I haven't tried it myself yet but
looks like it allows fine-grained installation. It even has ready to use github action [2].

[1] https://github.com/miurahr/aqtinstall
[2] https://github.com/jurplel/install-qt-action

--
Regards,