[Development] "Examples and demos" component in Jira (QTBUG project)

Santtu Ahonen santtu.ahonen at qt.io
Thu Sep 10 16:52:50 CEST 2020

Retiring the component would be a massive loss of data and alignment between projects. This before retirement proposal we should have a plan on how to manage this area properly. Granted, this is a messy area without clear ownership thus we can argue on what team / who should be the owner of the component.

In fact the component combines two different use cases (Examples and Demos) and it is not helping that different Qt projects have differently named components for the same overall use case.

In Product Management we use quite a lot of these Demo components to track demos we need to create for specific customer verticals or events, marketing needs etc. Our master board is here: https://bugreports.qt.io/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=83

If we touch this area I'd be welcoming on splitting the Examples and Demos in to two separate use cases but this is not an issue for just QTBUG project, this goes across the board and over several projects. Doing this will be quite a big one time effort but should improve the content accuracy.

Regards, Stu
--
Product Owner, Qt Platforms
+358408031045 / santtu.ahonen at qt.io