[Development] Status of the QtFeedback module

Chris Adams chris.adams at qinetic.com.au
Tue Apr 27 02:27:53 CEST 2021

Hi Jonah,

I'm not part of the Qt Company, so please consider my comments as
discussion only ;-)

I'm the maintainer of the QtFeedback module, at least insofar as I am
willing to review commits and keep things building.  Sailfish OS uses this
module, which is why I am still interested in keeping it working etc.
Specifically in the case of QtFeedback, there has been no active
development on it for a long time, as you mention, although no doubt many
improvements would be possible given that we probably need not maintain
BC/SC at this point...  Given that the rate of change in the repository is
so slow, why is packaging from git snapshot difficult in this case?  And
what sort of development do you see likely to occur, should it move under
the KDE umbrella instead (and, out of curiosity, why could that development
not occur under the Qt project?)

Best regards,
Chris.