[Development] The sorry state of the Qt6 cross compile experience

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 09:52:47 CET 2021

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 at 12:26, Joerg Bornemann <joerg.bornemann at qt.io> wrote:

> On 2/24/21 9:30 AM, Bogdan Vatra wrote:
>
> > Do you still believe that I'm one of the few affected by this?
> > Don't you think that everyone who's using cross compiling is affected?
>
> I have seen cross-compiling folks using the cross-platform abilities of
> Qt to prototype stuff on desktop. The assumption is: most people want to
> have a full desktop Qt anyways.

I find that a curious assumption; I've dealt with automotive customers
who didn't use a desktop Qt
at all, and all they care about was the cross-build for the target.
While the assumption might
be correct by the head count of users, it may well be a rather bad
assumption for some fairly
significant audiences.