[Development] access to codereview.qt-project.org

Andrei Golubev andrei.golubev at qt.io
Wed Jan 13 10:56:10 CET 2021

Hi Evgeny,

I remember having some issues with git/gerrit process after messing with emails, etc. (still not sure what the issue was, to be honest).

As Alex mentions, it's better if you could attach an error message or something of the kind - right now it's not even clear whether it's git side or gerrit server-side issue.

My best suggestions:

  *   Make sure your other email is added to the Gerrit account + (if you use SSH to authenticate/push/etc.) check whether you have an SSH key for the email you want to use now
  *   Check git config's name/email strings for the repository, it might be old email or something and this is one of the issues. From what I remember, the commit's author and commit's pusher are taken from different places (not sure where in git this is recorded - hooks look OK at a glance), so it might be that you commit with correct credentials but push with an old email and this is rejected because the old email is no longer in the system
  *   Just try a clean pull of qt5.git or whatever you're using as a base repo, I have a feeling that Qt specific repo setup scripts affect the git push, so it might work (or not) if you start anew - you can check git push with some meaningless change like commit message update

--
Best Regards,
Andrei