[Development] Qt6 repo

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Wed Jan 13 13:14:34 CET 2021

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 2:59 PM Tor Arne Vestbø <Tor.arne.Vestbo at qt.io<mailto:Tor.arne.Vestbo at qt.io>> wrote:
>> I agree, that seems like the easiest and most future-proof solution.

Nikolai Marchenko (13 January 2021 13:01)
> except when qt7 comes you'll be stuck with versionless qt6 branch that
> you wouldn't be able to move to qt7 because of aforementioned
> dependency breakages.

I'm confused - what's the problem ?

After we rename the old qt.git to qt4.git and the present qt5.git to
qt.git, the latter can have separate branches for 5, 6, 7, ... for ever
after, until we invent a new repository structure.  What would be the
problem with doing that ?

	Eddy.