[Development] Request to rename module qtscxml to qtstatemachine

Karsten Heimrich Karsten.Heimrich at qt.io
Thu Jan 21 10:49:51 CET 2021

Hi,

with Qt6 we removed the QtStateMachine implementation  from qtbase and moved it into qtscxml. While the name was ok when the module contained only SCXML releated code, it contains now both state machine implementations. Hence I would like to propose/request to rename the module to qtstatemachine to reflect the widened code base. Jira task: QTBUG-89837<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-89837>

Are there any objections/ comments or suggestions?

-- Karsten