[Development] Repository request: qlitehtml

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Fri Jan 22 09:19:01 CET 2021

> On Jan 22, 2021, at 07:15, Kai Pastor, DG0YT via Development <development at qt-project.org> wrote:
>
> Am 21.01.21 um 12:04 schrieb Jaroslaw Kobus:
>> +1
>>
>> This may be potentially easily reused in e.g. standalone assistant.
>
> I would like to see qlitehtml integrated into QTextBrowser. This, or a source-compatible replacement, would make it available for Qt Assistant, too.

QTextBrowser derives from QTextEdit and therefore it’s API is inherently based around QTextDocument, QTextCursor, QTextCharFormat etc, which makes a source-compatible replacement based on litehtml unrealistic.

That said, moving the source out of Qt Creator makes it easier to extend and adapt it to different parties’ needs too.

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH