[Development] Windows maintainer change

Oliver Wolff oliver.wolff at qt.io
Tue Jun 15 09:27:27 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I would like to propose a change in Qt's Windows maintainership. I think
that everybody knows, that Friedemann has been doing a great job
maintaining the Windows platform specifics in Qt's code base. He wants
to focus on Qt for Python now so we have been looking for an alternative
way of maintenance.

I propose a shared maintenance between Andre de la Rocha and me for
Windows. Andre has been involved in Qt's Windows development for almost
4 years now. He is responsible for our accessibility backend on Windows
and rewrote mouse/touch/pen handling for that platform. He also wrote
the "win32" bluetooth backend and fixed bugs in various areas of Qt.

I have been part of the winrt maintainership and wrote and maintain the
"winrt" backend for Bluetooth (which is also used in Qt6 as the backend
also works for "desktop" applications on Windows 10).

Thanks again to Friedemann for all the work he put into the maintenance
of Qt. You have been doing a great job and I hope that we can ask for
some guidance now and then ;)

Best regards,
Olli