[Development] Qt CS 2021 colocated with Akademy, June 22+23 - Akademy CFP ending May 2nd

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Tue Jun 15 10:50:24 CEST 2021

> On 14 Jun 2021, at 21:16, Robert Löhning <robert.loehning at qt.io> wrote:
>
> Am 14.06.21 um 14:37 schrieb Alexandru Croitor:
>> On 14. Jun 2021, at 14:11, Volker Hilsheimer <volker.hilsheimer at qt.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> We will start drafting a schedule for the Qt Contributors Summit this week, if there are any topics that you’d like to put on the list, please do so by end of Wednesday, June 16th.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Contributors_Summit_2021_-_Program
>>>

>>> As a rough outline, we’ll start on Tuesday morning with a few common sessions before breaking out into tracks, and we plan to end Wednesday with a series of sessions where we hear about the visions and plans for the different modules from the maintainers. So as a special request to maintainers: perhaps you want to have a session with some relevant people.
>>>
>>> We have one main room, and 4 breakout rooms, the room URLs are already available at
>>>
>>> https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Contributors_Summit_2021
>>>
>>> Looking forward to seeing many of you next week!
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Volker
>> Not sure if this is the right place to ask.
>> Will we have a final session where we go through a list of short 'conclusions' / 'outcomes' for each held session?
>> I think we had that at the previous QtCon.

Yes, that’s a good thing to have, and it’ll be part of the wrap-up sessions.

> I have a similar question: Will we be able to fill free slots of the timetable ad hoc as we used to do at offline QtCSs?

In principle, yes.

In practice, I’d imagine that having an ad-hoc discussions with a few people in a quiet physical spot doesn’t quite translate into a virtual setup where we have a fixed room setup. There’ll be chat, but for the video rooms we'll have to prioritise, and putting your topic up rather sooner than later helps with that. Then we’ll see how many free slots are left in the virtual space-time continuum.

Of course, nobody stops anyone from meeting in a parallel virtual Universe, be it on matrix or libera or whatever system people can agree on.

Volker