[Development] Commercial LTS Qt 5.15.4 released

Jyrki Yli-Nokari jyrkiylinokari at gmail.com
Thu May 13 09:25:37 CEST 2021

The decision will eventually alienate OS community which will force current licensees consider the viabilty of the platform for their next generation of products. There is a lot of air in the QtC stock price as a result of the new licensees and how well Qt/Qml fits the needs. I certainly hope that the decision will be reconsidered before any of the big licensees switches to react native.
As a Qt and React developer I can say that the entry barrier is high but at least Facebook is certainly more predictable platform provider than a single Finnish company from strategic infra investment standpoint.

I am not a license holder and am a long time critic of QtC licensing to startups.

And I love Qml