[Development] Commercial LTS Qt 5.15.4 released

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de
Thu May 13 21:59:05 CEST 2021

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 04:39:54PM +0000, Eike Hein wrote:
>To make this work in general we were in a conversation with the Qt
>Company before announcing the tree, to let them know that this is
>happening and why, and so the Qt Company could confirm it would be
>doing the patch reviews to make this work.

what would interest me is why you chose to host this on your own
infrastructure instead of publicly demanding that tqtc plays by the
rules and hosts the fork on qt project infra, where it belongs, and the
possibility of which is explicitly codified in
https://wiki.qt.io/Branch_Guidelines (note the historical example
given).

you can find my musings on the topic in
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTQAINFRA-4121 and its comments (on
which just about everyone else appears to be a watcher ...)