[Development] Changes to Freenode's IRC

Jimi Huotari chiitoo at gentoo.org
Thu May 20 15:05:11 CEST 2021

On Thu, 20 May 2021 11:59:31 +0000
Andy Nichols <Andy.Nichols at qt.io> wrote:

> I did notice that the Godot (open source Game
> engine) community have recently officially moved there development chat
> to Discord from Freenode (IRC) and The server is very active and vibrant.

I believe only their development and contribution channel was /moved/, and
they use a platform based on Rocket.Chat for that.

As for Qt, personally I've mostly contributed minor fixes to the
qtwebengine and qtwebengine-chromium branches, so no one would probably
notice if that stopped happening due to a move to, for example, discord.

That said, any required discussion could most likely happen during patch
review, or e-mail, regardless of losing contact via IRC, but I'd
definitely miss having that option.  :]