[Development] Changes to Freenode's IRC

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Thu May 20 15:54:18 CEST 2021

Il 20/05/21 13:59, Andy Nichols ha scritto:
>> Are any of these channels endorsed by the Qt project?
>> The IRC channels are, that's why I'm raising the question here.
> They probably should be.  We list those in our "Online Communities" wiki.  I'm active on the Qt Discord and its quite lively and interesting.

Well, that's another question. Right now, that particular community
exists, but is it endorsed officially by qt-p.o? Of course there's
plenty of Qt communities around (Reddit, SO, CppLang, ...), but not all
those are officially endorsed.

Important note: very little information on wiki.qt.io can be deemed
"official" without clearing with this mailing list first (being it, a
wiki, so anyone can add stuff in there. Having a list of online
communities is completely fine. That doesn't imply endorsement.).

See also

> https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2019-September/037526.html

(AFAIK nothing has changed since.)

--

Anyways: this isn't the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread
is what to do with the currently officially endorsed IRC channels on

Thanks,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts