[Development] Avoiding ads and/or Google for doc searches (was: Changes to Freenode's IRC)

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri May 21 17:22:13 CEST 2021

On Thu, 20 May 2021 at 01:40, Kai Köhne <Kai.Koehne at qt.io[mailto:Kai.Koehne at qt.io]> wrote:

> [...]

The browser extension is cool, thank you.

And yes, I broke my own rule to not attribute to malice/greed what can be explained by stupidity/laziness. I hadn't planned to mention it but given the nature of the Freenode split over user data privacy, I figured that the eyesore concern was secondary to the ad tracking/privacy concerns, and that may be of interest to those interested in switching from Freenode.