[Development] Qbs development

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at qt.io
Wed Sep 15 13:37:38 CEST 2021

On 9/15/21 1:03 PM, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> in this case, you personally instructed the maintainer to do only
> minimal maintenance work (which he does an excellent job at). he has
> repeatedly made clear that he has exactly *zero* interest in the
> strategic direction of qbs, and is letting "the community" duke it out
> among itself, exactly as you wished. he provides no guidance whatsoever,
> but reserves the right to cut short discussions he finds boring (or
> something). the -2 is an override on that institutionalized
> indifference.

I think our definition of "guidance" differs. For me, it does not
involve going into infinite loops of obsessively arguing about points
that only I care about. I do believe, however, that I am reasonably
capable of telling a good patch from a bad one and constructive advice
from self-serving bickering.

Christian