[Development] Qbs development

Иван Комиссаров abbapoh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 23:40:37 CEST 2021

> 15 сент. 2021 г., в 14:03, Oswald Buddenhagen <oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de> написал(а):
>
> in a nutshell, though, i think ivan's initial message is revealing
> enough - for example, he plainly admits that his documentation doesn't
> match the code. that's an automatic -1, and a yellow card for attitude.

That’s not true. And if it is, feel free to submit patches, if you want the perfect documentation (I think, I mentioned this before. Several times). I am not interested in translating from C++ to English in order to mention every small detail about implementation (which you chose not to review despite being directly asked to do so. Several times).

> in this case, you personally instructed the maintainer to do only
> minimal maintenance work (which he does an excellent job at). he has
> repeatedly made clear that he has exactly *zero* interest in the
> strategic direction of qbs, and is letting "the community" duke it out
> among itself, exactly as you wished. he provides no guidance whatsoever,
> but reserves the right to cut short discussions he finds boring (or
> something). the -2 is an override on that institutionalized
> indifference.

The rest of the community is not interested either. It is not boring, it is irrelevant to the patch - I haven’t done any global changes to the patch in a YEAR constantly pleasing you desire to discuss the bigger picture. We discussed it and guess what changed? Nothing. The only job I did related to the patch is moved some code around and I don’t see how it was related to those endless discussions either.

Ivan