[Development] Linker script / symbols versions for private entries in Qt 6, regression from Qt 5?

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:31:19 CEST 2022

On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 at 10:32, Kevin Kofler via Development
<development at qt-project.org> wrote:

> Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> > The only patch I found is
> >
> > https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/KDE:Qt:6.2/qt6-base/0001-Tell-the-truth-about-private-API.patch?expand=1
> >
> > which changes the symbol to have the full major.minor.patch version on
> > it.
>
> FYI, Fedora also carries that patch:
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/qt6-qtbase/blob/rawhide/f/qtbase-tell-truth-about-private-api.patch
> and, as already mentioned, also for Qt 5:
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/qt5-qtbase/blob/rawhide/f/tell-the-truth-about-private-api.patch

Found the issue and it was definitely on our side. We happen to have a
tool that simplifies symbols handling and a new (for me) feature was
being used.

Sorry for the noise  and thanks for your wisdom!

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
https://perezmeyer.com.ar/