[Development] QFreedesktopApplication

Ilya Fedin fedin-ilja2010 at ya.ru
Sun Apr 24 19:59:38 CEST 2022

On Sun, 24 Apr 2022 19:43:09 +0200
Kevin Kofler via Development <development at qt-project.org> wrote:

> So if Qt implements the same D-Bus interface using GApplication, will
> that not break the KDE applications that use the existing
> KDBusService?

No, I made the uniqueness opt-in via setFlags

> And why is using the KNotifications framework not an option for you?
> Yes, it depends on a few other KDE frameworks, so what? Do we really
> need to reinvent all KDE frameworks functionality within Qt?

KNotifications has the following required dependencies:
KWindowSystem
KConfig
KCoreAddons
Canberra/Phonon

Nothing like this is required by glib and, moreover, it's present on
most if not all desktop systems (and nothing wrong if it's not present
on the system, the pointer returned by nativeInterface will be nullptr
and the applciation can just disable the associated features).