[Development] Proposing to add (CPU) architecture maintainers

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Aug 3 18:23:31 CEST 2022

On Wednesday, 3 August 2022 08:52:09 PDT Marius Kittler wrote:
> Actually it is not very exciting to see these screenshots because it looks
> just like on x86_64 :-)

That's a *good* thing. If they looked different, that would point to a bug --
usually endianness issues.

> I suppose that the Qt project does not provide a CI for those archs is not
> generally a problem. Distributors like (open)SUSE nevertheless make it work
> and also invest their own effort into testing.

Thank you, it's appreciated. I expect IBM/Red Hat would also be interested in
POWER and S/390, for some reason...

Like I said in my email, we don't have the resources or knowledge to fix
architectural-specific issues in those platforms, much less apply performance
improvements. But we will accept patches in case we break anything.