[Development] Proposal: let's change the release schedules a bit

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Mon Dec 5 12:40:51 CET 2022

Hi,

I am proposing a change to the our release "frame":

Currently we are releasing new Qt minor releases in March and in September. This is working quite well, but it is forcing us to have a Feature Freeze always before holidays and that's lengthening the calendar time needed between the feature freeze and the final release.

But if we would release minor releases in April and October, that would allow us to move FF also after the holidays: So FF for April release would be in January and FF for October release would be in August.

Any opinions or objections?

br,
Jani